Monday, December 21, 2009

Writing in English

I am sorry if you're an English reader. I guess you must have been browsing my blog with disappointment lately. I am not too sure on the language I should be using in my blog. I always think that language is just a communication tool. The reason I chose English is not that I am good at it, it is that I can share with more people about things.

The other day I was talking to my colleagues about Andy Lau. I was just commenting that Andy hurt Carol Choo to protect his fans. Then one of my colleagues commented that I wrote in my blog that I admire Carol Choo for having Andy Lau. Where on earth did I make that comment?

She got me angrier when she said that someone else said the same thing. That I would prefer being a star's spouse than anything else. And she refused to tell me the name of the person. She said, "Just somebody." That day, I read the post again. I may have some grammar mistake but I thought I made myself clear.

I admire Carol Choo not because she has Andy Lao in her life, but having the determination to survive alone for so long. She has the determination to wait for her love for 18 years. That's something I do not have and will not want.

The title of the post, "How does it(love) happen?" depicts that I don't understand love at all. Falling in love is not something your mind can control. Even he is the worst guy on earth, you will vow to follow him till the end. If Carol has a choice, will she still be waiting for him?

I feel so stupid repeating myself. How did language become such a horrible barrier? Blog reading is supposed to be fun. It's alright that we get the wrong meaning of things. However, interpreting the wrong medical prescription could be fatal. So better make sure before proceeding.

I have come back to my hometown Ipoh. My holidays are until next year! I am really enjoying it and I plan to review my 2009 resolution and come out with the 2010 one. Hopefully I didn't do too bad. :P

Happy reading!

4 comments:

Yuan said...

Language barrier and miscommunication can happen if we dun really understand the language or how to use the language. And also the language variety in different social context can also lead to the problem. It is due to the language level as well. So just use simple English in Malaysia context.

Jane Kong said...

Did you just copy the lines from your text book?

Yuan said...

Erm, I just remember what I've learned in class. Haha..

Jane Kong said...

Hahah... mama said my English is simple enough. *sob sob*