Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Your control defines your character

When your Facebook status does not have enough words length to express your feelings, you blog.

It is a rainy night today. It has always been raining lately. As it rains more, I am more worried about the flood situation in Thailand. *Pray*

Someone once told me that religion is very important to everyone. It is a guideline towards living a life of a good man. A life that will lead you to the hands of God.

Therefore, we practice the commandments from our religion. We learn to control ourselves. When controls become natural, they define your character.

Control comes in the simplest form from forcing yourself to wake up in the morning to holding back your tears when someone scolds you. When complex feelings are involved, it is another level of control. It's like controlling yourself to break up or even start up a relationship with someone that is not right for you.

Sometimes I think that successful person are in higher control of themselves. They know how to control their emotion. They practice disciplines on themselves. They control their body's desire.

I always like to feel full. Feeling full is always the happiest moment of my life. It never appears to me that I need to control that. I thought it's right being content and happy. Maybe that's the reason I am not moving forward.

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."(Quoted from Steve Jobs) I hope we can all benefit from this for the right reasons.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Control sets limitations. It always makes things on track and keeps the balance of our nature.

Yuan said...

When you said "feel full" you mean eat until full? So meh get fat very fast lor?

Jane Kong said...

In my case, I would say that it is my character. I like feeling full physically, that's the reason I am always fat I guess. On the other hand, I am content with what I have in life. So I hardly strive for the betterment. If you have the hunger in you, then I guess you are made for sales work. My character says that I am an employee.

Yuan said...

Oh I see. As long as you are full, you no need to worry about eating anymore. I am half full, want to eat but lazy to go buy one. Haha..

Jane Kong said...

@__@