Sunday, September 20, 2009

My first blood donation

It is not the first time I wanted to donate blood. I remember going to FCM foyer (MMU blood donation hot spot) with a friend who was also a first timer. We're so excited as we had never did it before.


However, to my disappointment, I was not eligible to. I didn't pass the test where they took my blood and put it in some blue liquid. My blood flooded, it is supposed to go down.

Then I lost the will to donate. Then there are times when I was having my period, on medication, lacked of 6 hours sleep.... (and the excuses went on and on).

Finally, I was able to last week. It was pretty scary despite there was no pain at all. I guess I was not used to seeing my blood flow into a bag. I was quite fast, the nurse said. I finished the 300ml packet in less than 5 minutes.

I was quite alright the first day. However, I started to be nausea the day after. Then, my period hit me again at the right time. For the rest of the week, I feel like I am dreaming. I saw stars which I thought was pretty actually. I have broken a few things. I have gone to OneU when I actually wanted to go Kelana Jaya.

Mama said it will take about like one week to recover fully. Erm.. I guess tomorrow is the day! Yippie!!

I laugh when I get nervous! @.@

Em.. I forgot to breathe..

OMG! *fainted*

Don't worry, I guess you will still see me in donation drives in future though. ^__^

2 comments:

Yuan said...

OMG, almost fainted also..
I dun think in my life time I will be eligible to donate my blood.. Dun talk abt taking an experience, haiz..

Jane Kong said...

Hahah.. you think too much dear. I am sure you're eligible. It's not painful at all. Think about saving lives dear. ^__^