Monday, July 13, 2009

The price of running 10KM

After running the 10KM, I could barely move around. I injured my foot and I limped for two days. Hence, I skipped a yoga class and some badminton sessions.

For 2 weeks after the race, I had been eating a lot. I guess I lost 2 kg practicing for the race, and gained it straight back after it.

Below is the result shown on the Internet. I can't believe that this is so high tech.


There was a microchip with each of the "label" we wore. Therefore, you couldn't really cheat your score. Everything was recorded down. They even had photographers throughout the event. See, the below is the photo taken by professionals. I guess I should not have worn red the other day. It was really too obvious from the white crowd. I have three photos focusing on us while some of my friends do not have any.


The above is me and Xavier running towards the finishing line. I think I looked funny, I feel like my running posture was not right. Do I look like I was jumping instead? Xavier just looked nice in every photo. *sob sob*


I didn't get anything from the race. I was told that there is a certificate or a finisher medal. *sob sob*

To me, running is still so torturing, I hope that I can learn to enjoy it one day. Well, hopefully I can bring sports into my family's life too. I really hope my mother and my sisters can live a healthier life. (Papa is pretty healthy!)


*This post is dedicated to the cute little someone who always browse my blog with disappointment of no updates. Hopefully, this will light up your day!

10 comments:

Yuan said...

ohoho, me ke cute??
at first I thought there's no update when I see the 10km, then I see something down there, the picture then only I know.. Nvm dun hv medal, u got stunning pictures.. haha, so proud of you!

Jane Kong said...

Come! Let's run together! I am still waiting for your daily report dear.

Xweing said...

Looks nice ar... the red is really outstanding. :-)

Nvm for the medals, you got pictures and memories to keep a lifetime! :-)

Btw many ppl join this race... I saw on Facebook.

Jane Kong said...

Thanks Xwei. It was really quite a run! There were really a lot of people I know participating. But I never seen any of them. *Blink*

Btw, there is a Penang bridge run later during November. I think Ah Kum is interested. Are you up for it?

cruellays said...

bring me along! you look nice in the photo. I oso wanna b on camera!

Jane Kong said...

*Sweat* Alright, I will register a run for you in future.

Sallykok said...

Ei, nice photo. You looked really "sharp" in the crowd and you looked fabulous too. Wink*

Jane Kong said...

Gosh Sally, thanks!! Blush*

Nam said...

From the picture, it looks like you were holding hands with the guy in blue. Hahaha... :) Btw, I think the red T was perfectly fine, it's the pink shoes that... mmm......

Jane Kong said...

Thanks Nam!

Anyway, pink shoes? It is not pink! It's just red and white.

If your shoes are yellow and blue, it does not make them green right?

@.@