Sunday, May 3, 2009

*Happy* Labour Day

It was labour day! Well, 2 days ago. Most of the people were not working. They had either gone for a vacation overseas or gone back hometown for a full rest.

I decided to work on labour day. It's better to work as much as I can at this point of time.

I was about 8.30AM in the morning when I started my journey to work. I was listening to My FM as usual. All this while I don't have a CD player in my car. I want to make myself listen to the radio station for news and information, and of course to expose myself to new songs too.

So there was this cue to call to win a RM150 food voucher. Then I thought to myself. I guess not a lot of people will wake up so early on labour day. I decided to try my luck by calling the hotline. After a few dials, I got the waiting tone. I always get through actually, just that the DJs don't pick up.

Then, I didn't hear the waiting tone. The phone showed that someone picked up. I was wondering why didn't I hear anything. I began saying,

"Hello hello!"

To my surprise, I thought I heard a guy's voice (It's either Lam Tak Weng or Nicholas). He asked me for my name and the answer to the question. But the line was really very bad. I could barely hear what he said. However, he seemed to be able to hear everything I said.

He asked me whether I was driving, I agreed. Then he also asked me whether I was using handsfree. Well, I sort of lied and said yes. Then I suggested that I stopped the car to talk to him. He did sound a little impatient. Haha... I really pity him.

After jotting down all my details, he told me that we'd be on air soon and I have to do an introduction. That was easy. You would have to go like, "My FM, I am Jane, I want to take part in XXX contest."

While we were on air, there were times I could not hear them (Lam Tak Weng and Nicholas). But they're quick, they shouted and joked that they had to talk really loud.

Luckily I didn't say anything wrong. I did a wild guess on the time he asked for the answer. Then I heard them cheering, I knew I got the answer right.

After hanging up, I turned the radio on. It was still playing songs. I knew there was a delay. As the radio aired my victory, I recorded my conversation with the DJs. Then only I found the missing pieces of the conversations. I seriously didn't hear them wishing me "Happy Labour Day."

I wonder I can convert an .amr file to a file format that I can share here. It was such an experience on labour day and it really lightened up my day.

0 comments: